IBO Competitors, participate in the IBO Video Competition!
You and your team will have a chance to win a prize in the IBO 2018 Awards Dinner in Tehran, Iran. Moreover, you can get your voice and ideas heard by all over the world.
So after your national Olympiad selection round, grab your video-recording gears and start filming! Show your national IBO participants, and visualize and share your ideas about IBO.
1. Topic of the video
Live like a butterfly
The theme reflects not only sustainable development as a butterfly helps pollination but also mutual relation between human and natural world. The competition is looking for creative and innovative ideas. Humour is welcome; after all you want your ideas to be watched. It’s up to you to make a nice link between IBO and the theme of the video.
You can possibly:
- Show a link between the purposes of the IBO and what butterflies symbolize
- show how parts of the National Biology Olympiad are carried out in your country;
- show how your national team prepares for the International Biology Olympiad;
You can have a look at the previous years films on the IBO website: www.ibo-info.org/ Photo & video.
Feel free to be original!
But... Please avoid explicit mention of any textbooks. Don't blame any person, institution or country.
2. Duration of the video
Maximum 4 minutes
English (or with English subtitles, see a possible technology on http://amara.org)
July 9, 2018 at midnight (Universal Time).
Your video should be available on-line (on YouTube) at the latest on July 9. Please submit the link (URL) of your video to IBO webmaster: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
The winning team will be eligible for a prize of € 250 for purchasing science textbooks, donated by the IBO Association. The winning team will be called on stage during closing ceremony and the film will be presented. If the corresponding film-makers were competitors in the National Olympiad who were not selected for the IBO team, the prize will be given to the delegation. The decision of prize distribution will be up to the delegation coordinator.
- First round: before the IBO competition, the coordinators of the IBO member countries will select five films according to the competition aims (cf. 1).
- During the IBO competition week, the students will select the winning film from those five.
Jury decision is final. Only one film per country is accepted. If there are less than 3 participant videos, the prize will not be awarded.
Participants in the video competition transfer the copyright of their film to IBO, allowing the film to be used for promotional purposes for National and International Biology Olympiads.
Please make sure that submitted videos do not infringe copyrights, see: http://www.youtube.com/t/howto_copyright
8. Technical aspects
- Please make sure your film can be viewed in full screen mode: see compression guidelines on http://www.vimeo.com/help/compression.
- The name of your country has to be mentioned in the beginning of the film.
- Your team coordinator should bring a copy of the film to IBO 2018, Tehran, Iran (please use a common/classic format).